Proud to Be Junior! -- 11th Grade Class Forum -- Pan American School of Bahia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why creating a forum for our class?

2 posters

Go down

Why creating a forum for our class? Empty Why creating a forum for our class?

Post  Oscar Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Considering how the MUN forum was a great tool to work and share information, why cannot it work for our class?

I/ At the contrary of MSN, which is bilateral exchange between persons, a forum displays posts to everyone; so everyone can respond and make the best of it. You can have a lot of fun asking to your whole msn list what are polyatomic ions, but you would be wasting a lot of time too -- just ask "What are polyatomic ions?" on the forum and you can virtually receive several (sometimes complementary with each other) explanations from anyone from the class.

II/ This forum is obviously an advantage for students who want clarifications about school subjects ; but it is as well an opportunity for anyone answering them: they can actually see if they are able to answer about that detail from the lesson, that will maybe come up in the next test, and furthermore, teaching a concept to someone is the best way to remember that concept, and make sure to restitute it for the actual test.

III/ It can be reminded to everyone that the main goal of a forum is to display your opinion about a topic; that's why this forum includes as well a part for extracurricular activities, such as NHS, MUN, NR, and even Ecoclub. This category can include official announcements (even from the teachers if they are registered), questions (what about BRAMUN and BritMUN? Ms Garrett can answer any question about it), and debates (on a proposal made in NHS or Ecoclub meeting for example). Other sections about specific activities can be created (just tell me about and I will do it)

These are the three main advantages I had in head when I did this forum; but others do exist, such as having assignments for the class sent on the forum by a teacher (Ms Garrett's idea), providing an academic calendar that would resume the major assignmenents, tests, and academic events (that's mostly for students who missed some classes), and a social calendar, so any party, celebration, and others can be announced to the whole class without effort.

If you have any idea to improve the forum, by adding, replacing or deleting parts of it, you have the floor! Feel free to express your opinion about it (even if you disagree Idea)
You may also say how wonderful it is Very Happy
Oscar
Oscar
Admin

https://class2010-pasb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why creating a forum for our class? Empty Re: Why creating a forum for our class?

Post  Bia Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:31 pm

Oscar,
this forum is great!!! thanks for making this possible =]]]
Very Happy
Bia
Bia

Back to top Go down

Why creating a forum for our class? Empty Re: Why creating a forum for our class?

Post  Oscar Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:52 pm

Thank you very much Bia! But sincerly, I took Ms Garrett's idea, and I got the inspiration by looking how our class is so united by helping academically each other!
Anyway, this is YOUR forum Very Happy
Oscar
Oscar
Admin

https://class2010-pasb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down